Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mediterranean Cruise to Spain, France & Italy

In April, my husband and I took a vacation of a lifetime.  We stayed in Barcelona, Spain for several days.  It had been a dream of mine for years to visit Barcelona.  I was so excited to see all of the beautiful architecture I had read about.  Barcelona did not disappoint.  It is truly one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.

After touring Barcelona, we set sail on a cruise of the Mediterranean.  Our ports of call included Cannes, France, Florence, Pisa & Rome, Italy.  Words can barely describe the beauty, culture and history we experienced in those countries. 

It was quite an adventure for my husband and I to take that trip.  Neither of us had ever been to those destinations.  We don't speak Spanish, French or Italian.  We went alone and most of the trip was self-guided.  Despite potential obstacles, we forged ahead and I am so glad we did.  We now have extraordinary memories. 



Whenever I do something that is scary yet exciting, I don't regret it.  Starting a business, forming a partnership and writing were things that I was very excited about.  However, they scared me.  It took courage for me to push my fears aside and proceed.  Life is an adventure.  We can't let fear paralyze us.  We must make good decisions and live up to them.

1 comment:

--- said...

Great words of inspiration.