Thursday, April 19, 2012

Race for the Cure 2012

The 20th annual Race for the Cure will be held this year on Saturday, May 19 at 8 am in downtown Columbus.  Are you ready?  As always, I am looking forward to it.  I have been running the Race for the Cure since 2005 and it has become one of the highlights of the year for me.

I decided not to have a team this year.  However, I encourage everyone to sign up individually.  The fee to register as an individual is $30.  You can register online until May 8.

A few people have expressed concerns about the organizations that Komen Columbus funds.  You can find a very clear explanation on their website - www.komencolumbus.org.  They have responded to questions about their involvement with Planned Parenthood and they also provide a complete list of organizations they fund. 

Even though I'm looking forward to the Race for the Cure, I must admit that it is secondary for me this year.  I am facing a new challenge.  I will be running a quarter marathon as part of The Capital City Half Marathon on May 5.  I am really excited about this new challenge and I have been focusing my training on this race.  You can read more about this race in my blog post.  You can follow my training on my facebook page.

I hope to see you at the Race for the Cure on May 19.


No comments: