Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world.  It raises significant funds for breast cancer research, celebrates breast cancer survivors, and honors those that have lost their battle with breast cancer.  Since it began in 1983, it has grown from 1 local race with 800 participants to more than 120 races with over 1 million participants.

The Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first-timers and recreational runners.  I began running in the Race for the Cure in 2005 and I haven't missed a year yet.  I look forward to this event every year.  I initially joined the race so that I could accomplish my personal fitness goals.  I enjoyed it so much, I decided to invite family and friends to join me in the race.  We have created some wonderful memories over the years.

This year the race will be held on Saturday, May 14 at 8 a.m. in downtown Columbus, Ohio.  I have created a team under my company name - Team Quality Corner.  I look forward to having as many as possible join my team this year.  The race registration fee is $30.  The fee includes a race t-shirt.  Team registration ends on April 21.  Click here to register to be a part of Team Quality Corner or to make a donation.  For more information on the race and the Susan G. Komen foundation, visit www.komencolumbus.org

No comments: