Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to School - Bestselling Children's Books

As I jogged around my neighborhood this morning, I noticed kids waiting for the school bus.  I shouted to one of my neighbors, "First day of school?"  "Second," she says.  Wow, school started yesterday!  I just don't know where summer went.  For the kids in my neighborhood, it is officially over.

The New York Times Best Seller list features a "Children's Books" category.  The top books in that category this week are -

 
Top 5 at a Glance
1. LEGO STAR WARS, by Simon Beecroft
2. OOH LA LA! IT’S BEAUTY DAY, by Jane O’Connor
3. STAR WARS, written and illustrated by Rufus Butler Seder
4. HOW ROCKET LEARNED TO READ, written and illustrated by Tad Hills
5. LADYBUG GIRL AT THE BEACH, by David Soman and Jacky Davis

Rufus Butler Seder has consistently been on the best sellers list.  This author and illustrator has become famous for the "scanimation" technique.  The characters in Seder's books appear to be moving across the pages, delighting children all over the world.

The Quality Corner is having a back to school sale until September 2 - FREE shipping on all children's books.  These best sellers and others can be found at www.thequalitycorner.com.

No comments: