Thursday, April 8, 2010

The 2010 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure


Springtime is such a busy, exciting time for me.  Spring cleaning, yardwork, and of course - The Race for the Cure.  I look forward to all of these things with eager expectation.  I love this time of year.  Everything comes alive and so do I!

The Race for the Cure is scheduled for Saturday, May 15 at 8:00 am.  Are you ready?  I began my training about two weeks ago and I am working hard to improve my time this year.  My goal is to run a 9-minute mile.  Yes, I said it.  I have told the world my goal and now I am committed!

The race is approaching fast.  Now is the time to get ready.  For training tips, you can visit http://www.runnersworld.com/.  I highly recommend this site.  I have used it for years as a guide for my training program. 

Team registration will close on Friday, April 23.  To register for the race, go to http://www.komencolumbus.org/.  My team's name is Team Nia.  Everyone is invited to join my team.  Not only is this a chance to contribute to a worthy cause, you can also work on your personal fitness goals.  Register today!

No comments: