Wednesday, January 11, 2012

iPad - Should You Believe the Hype?

Yes.  You should believe it.  The buzz about the iPad is not just hype.  The iPad is awesome.  I just purchased an iPad a couple of months ago.  I have grown to LOVE it.

When Apple first announced the release of the iPad in April 2010, I didn't get it.  I didn't understand why anyone would need such a device.  As the iPad increased in popularity, my curiosity grew.  I went to the local Apple store to investigate.  I left the store somewhat unimpressed.  I thought it was cool, but not useful enough to justify the cost.

In March 2011, Apple released the iPad 2.  This upgraded version contained several new features.  My interest began to grow.  Friends and colleagues began toting the iPad in front of me.  The iPad commercials continued to pique my interest.  I wanted one.  Still, I wasn't sure I could justify the cost.

In November 2011, I finally decided to make the purchase.  I knew I would be able to use it for business.  At the time, that was the main appeal to me.  When I brought it home, I was still skeptical.  The more I used it, I could see how truly useful it was.  I read books, write reviews, maintain my eBay business, blog - all on my iPad!  I even find time for an occasional game of "Words with Friends."  I use it everyday and carry it with me almost everywhere I go.  I definitely use it more than my laptop.  The convenience cannot be beat.  I would never tote my laptop around like this.

I am definitely a fan of Apple products.  I first fell in love with my iPod touch in 2007.  My love grew when I bought my first iPhone in 2010.  Now, I'm really hooked by my iPad.  I must admit - my laptop and desktop computers are still PCs.  I haven't made that leap yet.  That just might be my next step...

No comments: