Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Reading

Summer is my favorite time of year.  It's a perfect season for reading.  One of my favorite things to do in the summer is lay in my hammock with a good book.  Here are the books on my summer reading list this year:


I usually choose to read only fiction in the summer.  I like to kick back, relax and get caught up in the stories.  It's like a mental vacation.  However, I've added a nonfiction title to my list this year.  Get Rich Click  has been on The New York Times Best Sellers list for several weeks and it's been a best seller in my bookstore.  Because I kept selling so many copies of this book, my interest was piqued.  It is about making money on the internet.  "Click," indeed!  It's right up my alley and I'm excited to read it.

Room has also been on the Best Sellers list and a friend recommended it to me.  According to the publisher's synopsis, this story is told entirely in the language of a 5-year-old by the name of Jack.  This novel celebrates the bond between parent and child.  It has received rave reviews.  It sounds like a perfect summer escape.

Finally, I have been intending to read Freedom ever since Oprah chose it for her book club.  It is a comedic novel about family.  I plan to spend time with my family this summer, so it should be a great book to share with family and friends.

Of course, I will be reading countless books that I have been requested to review.  I recently finished The Dirty Side of Midnight by Davida Adedjouma.  You can read the review on my blog.  I am currently reading The First Americans Were Africans by David Imhotep.  I will share my review of that book in a few weeks.

What are you reading this summer?

No comments: