Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And the Oscar Goes To...

The 84th Academy Awards aired on Sunday, February 26.  What a show!  I was eagerly anticipating this famous awards show and I certainly was not disappointed.  It's no secret that I am a huge fan of "The Help."  I greatly enjoyed the book and the movie.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well the movie represented the book.  I was delighted when I found out that the movie received several Oscar nominations including Best Picture.

Octavia Spencer won the Oscar in the category of best Actress in a Supporting Role.  Congratulations, Octavia!  I truly believe she earned that Oscar with her stellar performance.  Viola Davis was nominated for best Actress in a Leading Role.  Sadly, she did not win.  I must admit, I was disappointed that she didn't win.  I think she deserved it.

The fact that "The Help" received such recognition at the Oscars is a testimony to the impact a book can have on modern society.  If the book hadn't been written, the movie would not exist.  The fine actors brought the characters of the book to life.  People from all walks of life were able to relate to this story.  The message was eye-opening and touching.

468x60 - Media

No comments: