Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Appeal by John Grisham

John Grisham is my favorite author. I have been a fan of his writing since the first novel I read of his, “The Partner.” While “The Partner” remains as my favorite Grisham novel, “The Appeal” is definitely high on my list.

This book is a classic story of good vs. evil. I was desperately hoping that good would conquer all. I couldn’t wait to finish it and find out which side won. There were a few twists and turns, so it kept me guessing.

After reading this book, I must say that I look at politics and the judicial system in a slightly different light. As Grisham reiterated in his author’s note, “The Appeal” is a work of fiction. However, there is some truth to this story. I found that truth to be rather enlightening. This book, unlike other Grisham novels, stirred emotions in me.

I took this book on vacation and it proved to be a wonderful traveling companion. I would recommend it. It is available to purchase in my store.

No comments: